Passion Pit: The Boston, MA-based Passion Pit began as a one-man project of singer and songwriter Michael Angelakos to produce a Valentine's Day gift for his girlfriend. The gift, an EP entitled Chunk of Change, soon wound up in the hands of friends and acquaintances, who were enthralled with the work. Eventually, Passion Pit became not only a vehicle for the romantic expressions of Angelakos' heart but a full-fledged band -- at least for live gigs -- and opened for a number of well-known artists including Death Cab for Cutie. This momentum led to label interest, and in 2008 the Frenchkiss label picked up Chunk of Change for re-release, even going so far as to tack on two bonus tracks. A full-length from Passion Pit was in the planning stages and a 2009 release date was said to be in the cards.
Mix Photo Galleries
- Katy Perry + Rolling Stones Psy Speaks At Harvard Kelly Clarkson BBQ Meet &... Best Buddies Kickoff With Tom...
- Gwyneth Paltrow: World's Most... Red Sox Opening Day 4-8-2013 Salt's Single Ladies 2-14-2013 St. Patrick's Day at L St....
- Maroon 5 Concert 2-17-2013 Pink Concert 3-28-2013 Bruins Home Opener 1-19-2013 BSB On Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Bruins Fans Stand United Kim's Divorce Hearing Your 2013 Boston Red Sox Mix 104.1 at Fenway Park for...
- RT @triciamcc1 Support #OneFundBoston at bruinsraffles.org for chance to win suite for #concert4boston @tdgarden 5/30! 5 hours ago
- RT @matthewreid: How many Boston spots can you recognize in this video? #BostonStrong @kenziemusic1 bit.ly/KenZie 6 hours ago
- Congrats to Sathwik Karnik of #Plainville on Winning The National Geographic Bee! ow.ly/livrp 7 hours ago
- Advice from CBS Boston: Medicine Cabinet Dangers - What Every Parent Needs To Know ow.ly/livlQ 9 hours ago
- Enter To Win Tickets to See Michael Buble Live in Concert! ow.ly/livh9 10 hours ago